Monday, May 13, 2013

A Post-Mother's Day Reflection.


It was a delightful day with my girl. I loved being able to celebrate my first Mother’s Day. But I couldn’t help but have some mixed emotions. Bittersweet. Lately I have been thinking about her…our daughter’s first mom. The one who went through the agony of childbirth. The bravest woman I can imagine. It causes my heart to ache knowing she will not get to see our funny, smart, muscial, little girl grow into a beautiful young lady. She didn’t get to witness our daughter’s first steps or hear her first words. I wish I could tell her. Make a big deal out of the new things Allia is learning. I am reminded of my duty to share the love of two moms with one very special girl. So I will snuggle Allia a little more, gaze into her big brown eyes even longer and give her twice as many kisses. For the two of us.

My greatest joy came out of her greatest sacrifice. I am humbled. Grateful to be Allia’s mom.  



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts for a beautiful girl from a great mom. Allia's grammie. :)

    ReplyDelete